Our youth basketball programs were established in 2017 with the goals of creating a fun, safe, and inclusive environment for kids ages 7-13 to develop their basketball + teamwork skills. Register now for the upcoming season, or click to learn more.
• No spectators allowed in the gym
• Coaches will receive a registration fee refund at the end of the season (your child plays for free!)
• Coaches and referees are required to wear a mask
• Discount available if you register for the Fall (Oct – Dec) and Winter (Jan – Mar) sessions now
FALL SEASON (Oct-Dec)
• $88.00 (no basketball included)
• $100.00 (new basketball included)
FALL (Oct-Dec) + WINTER (Jan-Mar)
• $160.00 (no basketball included)
• $180.00 (new basketball included)
*Registration fee includes uniform, gym rental, league administration, end of season awards
Nelson Hoops Association
Our youth basketball program was established in 2017 with the goal of creating a fun + safe environment for kids ages 7-13 to develop basketball and teamwork skills.
- Fun, focused on developing a love of the game
- Supportive, friendly environment
- Appropriate for all skill levels
- Emphasis on skill development
- Gender equality
- Equal playing time
Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q:When and Where will games and practices be held?
• Boys aged 11-13 years old will have a practice followed by a game at Trafalgar Middle School on Mondays 5:00pm-6:00pm.
• Boys 9-10 years old will have a practice followed by a game at LVR High School on Mondays 5:15pm-6:30pm.
• Girls All ages will have a practice followed by a game at LVR High School on Mondays 5:15pm-6:30pm.
We will not schedule practices and games over Holidays or school closures when participants may be out of town or the gyms may not be available.
Q: How long is the Season?
A: The Fall Season will run from October through December (excluding Holidays and School closures). The Winter Season will run from January through March (excluding Holidays and School closures).
Q: Are spectators allowed?
At this time for health reasons we are not allowing spectators. Please arrange to drop your child off at the beginning of the session and pick them up at the end of the session.
Q: Are there mask requirements?
A: At this time, Coaches and referees are required to wear masks. The children are not required to wear masks when on the court, and are required to wear masks when off the court (e.g. on the bench).
Q: How will Teams and Divisions be created? Will there be tryouts?
There will not be tryouts. All players are welcome! Teams and Divisions will be created to group similar ages together and to have a fair distribution of skill levels on each Team.
Q: Are there separate Boys and Girls leagues?
A: Depending on the number of Boy and Girl participants, we will see if we can create separate Boys and Girls leagues. If there are not enough participants from both genders, we will combine Boys and Girls on the same Teams.
Q: Who will coach the Teams?
A: During Registration, we will look for Parent volunteer Coaches. A Coach will be assigned to his/her Child’s Team.
Q: Will there be Playoffs or a Championship Game?
A: Depending on the number of Teams, we aim to have Playoffs and/or a Championship Game.